In the unfortunate event of an accident be sure to follow the below points
– Do not admit liability for an accident or promise to pay for repairs even if you believe you are at fault.
– Record the other party’s details: name, address, phone number, vehicle registration and Insurer.
– Report the accident to Police where required by legislation or when people have suffered an injury.
– Prevent further loss or damage if possible (e.g. move your car off the road and switch on your hazard lights).
– If your vehicle is stolen or maliciously damaged, immediately report the incident to Police.
Don’t jeopardise the potential of your claim settlement
– Take photos of damaged items or areas and record a description of the incident.
– Make all damaged property available for inspection.
– Do not make any repairs to damaged areas without obtaining permission from the Insurer.
– Make temporary repairs only when necessary to prevent further loss or damage from occurring (e.g. repair a leaking pipe).
– Where damage is caused by malicious acts or the property has been lost or stolen, please report the incident to Police.
D & R Investments (QLD) Pty Ltd (CAR 437660| ABN 46 163 166 372)
Corporate Authorised representative of Community Broker Network Pty Ltd | AFSL 233750 |ACN 096 916 184.
Copyright 2021 Outback Insurance Brokers